DIY edition - Textile Art.
I’m so happy to share this post because it took me almost 3 months to finish this piece and I couldn’t be more pleased with it finally hanging on Yotam and I wall!
Art is the best way to upgrade your space and what could be better than making your masterpiece?
I found so many good paintings but none of them was exactly what I have wanted for our living room, the colors weren’t exactly what I have wanted, the shapes were off so long story short, I have decided to make our textile art.
Making your patch work is super easy all you need to do is:
- Sketch what you what to do, in our case I knew I only what to work with 2 colors and abstract shapes.
- Choose the fabrics you what to work with, I would defiantly go with thicker fabrics as you may what to stretch them on frame.
- Measure the size you wish your background will be.
- Cute the shapes you have chosen to do, you may do them first on a paper and then on the fabric itself.
- Sewing time! I sew mine by hand so this is why it took me almost 3 months to finish.
- Stretch your fabric on a frame.
- Hang it on the wall.
And that’s it, your done! This is a process but it is so worth it!